Be part of the solution!
My mom always says “you can either be part of the problem or part of the solution.” Are you responsible for enabling learning in your organization and contributing to the content overload problem without realizing it? ?Here are some questions to ask yourself:
- Are you providing one or more online learning resource centers without a good search tool?
- Are you providing a rich course catalog that is not tagged by job title?
- Do you offer your learners so many choices that they cannot make a decision?
- Do you offer your learners so few choices that they seek external solutions?
- Do you create mediocre content that is either too long or un-engaging?
- Do you have staff dedicated to curating content from inside and outside of your organization?
- Do you have a sense for how much of your content is redundant?
Dell found that 40-60% of their learning content was redundant,
contributing to a content overload problem for their learners and
creating significant waste in their content development processes.
An LCMS is a tool that can help manage your learning content and reduce content overload.
What are the primary differences between Xyleme and traditional LCMSs?
|Content Management||Advanced content management, workflow and access control at the object and document levels.||Comparable|
|Collaborative Authoring||Easy-to-use, web-based authoring tool. Content is stored as XML.? Document import tools available.
Granular structures, authoring templates, advanced meta data, many interactions, question pools and question types.
Topic assignment, shared media, search and reuse content, check out/in, notifications, reviews tool and pipeline reports.
|Supported. The lack of graphical user interfaces limits user adoption.|
|Digital Print Publishing||Configurable Print Publishing Templates for Word, PowerPoint, PDF and ePub.||Comparable formats supported.
Too difficult to configure publishing templates/scripts.
|eLearning Publishing||Configurable HTML5 Templates for SCORM, AICC, HTML documents and slide format. Mobile ready using responsive web design methods.||eLearning does not support Responsive Design or xAPI.|
|Translation Management||Translation management tool supports 26 languages including right to left languages, XLIFF export, variable text.||Varies|
|Learning Repository||Publish to or upload – PDF, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, HTML, Text, Image, Video, SCORM, .zip.||Publish to packages that can be manually imported into Learning Management System or printed.|
|On-Demand Learning||Portal for desktop, iOS and Android with granular search, personalized learning channels and comments.|
|Dynamic SCORM||Deliver SCORM courses to many LMSs, smart updates and xAPI tracking at course, page and question level.||N/A
|?Analytics||Content Analytics/Courses Dashboard||Basic reporting|
|Integration and API||SSO||N/A|
|Secure Share links to granular content||N/A|
|xAPI custom statements||N/A|
|REST-based API for User, Content and Search functions.||N/A|
And here are a few?ways that Xyleme helps you reduce content overload:
- Centralize content to eliminate redundancy and keep content current.
- Create a simple search and browse user experience for any desktop and mobile app that can be narrowed by job role or topic.
- Provide ready-made interactions and publishing themes that engage learners in the classroom, online or in their moment-of-need.
If you would like to learn more about content overload, here are some great resources:
Contact Us to help you build your business case for Learning Content Management.