Today, most training organizations are forced to work in isolation with departmental learning content management systems that have little or no interoperability with wider enterprise content management initiatives. This prevents training professionals from effectively leveraging valuable content from other parts of the organization for training purposes.
This results in:
- Duplication of development efforts and redundant versions of the same content.
- Manual processes for customization
- Inability to leverage content across global business units
- Increased translation and localization costs
- Lack of consistency with enterprise content
These limitations severely impact the role of the training organization within the enterprise by giving them little or no influence on defining the company’s overall content strategy. But this is all about to change. Learning is benefiting from the next wave of ECM consolidation. Obstacles that currently make learning content management an island within the enterprise are being torn down and training is emerging as a critical service of the enterprise content management platform.
To view the entire whitepaper, please fill out this form.