The Challenge of Scalable, Individualized Learning
Truly individualized learning paths are omnichannel and multi-experience. Learning interventions must be designed as a system that works in concert to reinforce and support the learner in many different contexts. This concept has yet to be effectively implemented at scale.
The Role of a Learning Content Management System (LCMS)
The Power of Intelligent Content
Intelligent content is:
- Created in modular building blocks
- Tagged with metadata, following a well-defined taxonomy
- Created and stored without formatting
- Published to multiple channels and formats
- Manage priorities and content teams
- Create content tailored to their audiences and needs
- Distribute where and how they need it (leveraging central technology)
- Break down content and platform silos
- Design cohesive systems of learning
- Use data to direct learners along individualized paths
The Need for Effective Tools
- Building systems of integrated learning experiences
- Knowledge capture starts with a format-agnostic body of knowledge that is fluid so it can support a wide range of experiences
- Breaking down silos to unify content and the experiences
- Automating content delivery (like marketing personalization) to build individualized experiences
Emerging Models for Individualized Learning
- Hybrid: One team is responsible for professional development and lines of business are responsible for technical, compliance, or industry-specific training. This model allows for shared expertise, each focusing on their respective strengths.
- Business Partnership: A centralized model with learning professionals embedded in the lines of business, providing the best of all worlds.
Achieving Individualized Learning at Scale
Are you satisfied with the current state of your content strategy?
Access one of our most popular product tours — Accelerate your Content Strategy to Drive Better Learning Experiences" where our content experts, Mike and Chris explore the future of content strategy and how to accelerate your organization's learning curve